Monday, October 26, 2009

Poolside rehearsal

Travelling to Atlanta for Bangamela was a sweet experience.I am forever stuck with long commuting hours. Atlanta was no different! The cab ride to Gwinnett center was an hour long. I could only breathe easy on seeing the signs for the Holiday Inn.
The venue was breathtakingly beautiful, away from the hustle bustle of the city.
The boys went crazy seeing the hotel pool. I took advantage of the situation and plugged in my newly bought discman. Ofcourse, it wouldn't work well. The disc kept getting stuck. I had to practice my dance routine. I didn't care where. It was a mega convention attended by over 800 people. I was one of the very few solo performers.
So I started rehearsing my steps by the poolside, letting my kids splash in the water.
The next day my first grader wrote a sweet note saying, "I hope you did a good dance, mom."
I didn't let him down! I do not know what overtook me. I was lost in the music and could literally feel the power of the songs in my native tongue, Bengali. It turned to be my best performance till date.

No comments:

Post a Comment