Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dancers guide to Edison

If I were to resume dancing I had another challenge-the hour long drive to Somerset.Every Saturday morning, I would dread the drive. But I was made of sterner stuff. Before long, I was the driving maniac on route 287. Soon I was exploring New Brunswick and Princeton for shows and rehearsals.
I started getting restless on the weekends. I was missing my drive. Edison was one hot spot I hadn't been to. I had only been to rehearsals and eaten the mouth watering samosas of Oaktree road.
In a desperate search for dry cleaners I came across City Cleaners at Sugartree Plaza. They saved me the pain of lugging my dance outfits to India. I do over 12 shows a year. You can well imagine my desperation!
Another time, I had broken a tikli which is worn in the hair. I had only one piece and needed to fix it before my next show. In less than 20 minutes, my jeweler at Corals and Beads Gallery got it done. Of course, I had been their valuable customer, picking up beads during that time span.
For my dance photo shoot, I chanced to come across Precious Video Memories. It was sheer coincidence! Making use of the free public car parking on Middlesex road, I happened to spot this studio. It's been a great find, since they specialize in dance coverage.
All these sojourns haven't been purely dance related. I have squeezed in quality shopping time. Having been away from India for so many years, Edison is truly Little India for me.I can fulfill my chat cravings and shopping sprees at one destination.
I am looking forward to performing at the Edison public library next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment