Monday, October 26, 2009

No coffee needed!

I had a lecture demonstration at the Bergenfield public library on the 29th of September. The show was to start at 10.30 in the morning.It was a weekday, the kids had school. Being in the US you are forced to take on the super mom challenge.
I started getting into my traditional dance outfit at 6.30, something unthinkable for me. I had to be done with the dress and elaborate makeup in an hour before dropping off the kids to school. If that was not enough, the hour long commute on Route 80 heading towards GW bridge was surely going to be a killer.
My car was loaded with all kinds of props. I literally needed a shopping cart to unload. Well, guess what-more than 50 enthusiastic patrons turned up with their steaming cup of coffee waiting for their morning entertainment. Seeing so much enthusiasm in the crowd, I was charged up to make it a memorable session for all of us. I didn't need my morning coffee that day, the crowd gave me the adrenalin rush.
All I want is to be able to dance and never stop. The hours don't matter. I am ready whenever the curtains go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment