Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Learning to Count

Rhythms of Dance and Music celebrated 20 years in 2007. Guru Mitra hired a world renowned choreographer to train us.
We spent over 2 months in a bootstyle dance camp- dancing from 10.00 to 5.00 every weekend.Many of us could be dancing in our sleep. Our choreographer was a hard taskmaster. Nothing short of perfect was acceptable. One mistake and everyone would have to repeat.No getting away with wrong footwork or mismatched coordination.He had his eyes on us at all times. That's when I learnt to count 100. We literally did the dances 100 times. I never again said, "I will practice it a 100 times."
I had finally learnt to count.
Our choreographer transformed our lives , our dance forever- all through hardwork and repeated practice. Each of us realized our true potential. There were no shortcuts. We had to push ourselves to the limit. Ever since, I have come a long way. I am a different person, a different dancer all thanks to our incredible choreographer who taught me the dancers math.

No comments:

Post a Comment