Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jagannath calling

On the eve of Vijay Dashami, 2007 I decided to check out the new temple in the nearby town of Wayne.During the course of my conversation, the President of the temple invited me to perform for Ekal Vidhyalaya Fundraiser.I was scheduled to perform that very evening for Kallol's Durga Puja.
If the timing was right, I knew I could handle both the events. Zee TV Chairman, Mr. Subhash Goyal was the guest of honor. Things were picture perfect! I finished my dance and went for a darshan. What a surprise! Lord Jagannath- the main deity of Odissi was in the temple hall. I knew I had his blessings.Elated, I drove to the next show in Central Jersey.
If I thought I was done, I was mistaken. The drama was not over.Driving back in the night, I was stuck with chronic toothache. Thank god! It was after the show. Next day, I went in for an emergency root canal.
Ever since, I have performed regularly for Rath yatra and other festivities at the Wayne temple.
Jagannath swami nayanpathagami bhavatu me

No comments:

Post a Comment