Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy hour

With all the chaos of the holidays, dance has taken a backseat. I have been aching to get back to my usual routine. Come Saturday, I cannot stay home. I have to dance, so I did some catching up in my Latin dance class. The new choreographies and fast steps deter many newcomers but there are always a faithful few. I count myself amongst this group.
Having taken that class for the last 3 years, even if I miss many lessons, I can still catch on. It's a challenge when you discover the steps are done in double speed or the music has changed completely. I keep calm and tell myself that I know the basics, it may look crazy but I need to break it down.
Instead of crosswords, piecing together this guy's choreography is my mind game combined with all the challenges of dance, dance revolution. With the catchy Latino music it's my happy hour, where I can transport myself to the Carribean beaches-never mind the sweaty gym clothes. The energy is so invogorating! You feel happy and that happiness radiates in your dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment